The Tuning Shop
Located just steps from the lift and the Sugarloaf shuttle stop, the Downhill Supply Company Tuning Shop is ideally situated to get you on the hill fast. Drop off your skis at the end of the day, and we’ll have them ready and waiting for you the next morning.
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Stop into the shop or give us a call at 207-237-6990.
Super Tune $50
- Let’s be honest with ourselves, we’re not all cut out for the high speeds and adrenaline associated with racing, and enjoy a more leisurely experience on the mountain; that doesn’t mean we don’t deserve well-kept equipment. The Super Tune package is for all you every-day Sugarloafers ripping it up on groomed terrain or conquering the Burnt Mountain and the Androscoggin Glade.
Full Race Tune: $120
- Congratulations, you have a new pair of race skis. Now what? Not everyone is equipped to resurface, restructure, and prepare your skis for a long season of racing like we are at Downhill Supply Company. Our new, fully automated Wintersteiger Mercury base grinder can pull the factory structure and deliver the custom structure and surface perfect for you.
Race Prep: $70
- Whether you are packing up and headed to Hew Hampshire for a season Qualifier or headed up headed up onto Narrow Gauge for a day of training, leave it to us to have your skis or boards race-ready with fast wax and sharp edges. You may also want to take advantage of this package in conjunction to our full race tune to maintain your equipment all season long.
Sidewall Prep: $40
- If you are a do-it-yourselfer, sharpening your edges only gets harder and harder after the first tune. The pesky, yet pertinent, sidewall just gets in the way; it’s the task that no one wants to undertake, and now they don’t have to. Save your fingers and let us pull back the excess sidewall and top-sheet to get you back in back in the driver seat both on the slopes and at your tuning bench.
Wax Future: $25
- Wax, though often overlooked, is one of the few quintessential ingredients to promoting longevity for your skis and snowboards. Forget about waxing in your basement, the living room, or on the kitchen table and let our new Montana Future infrared wax machine do the work for you. Get the “hot box” wax treatment in half the time, with no smoke, waste or mess.
The Downhill Supply Company Tuning Shop is the most advanced ski and snowboard tuning facility in the state of Maine. Our new Wintersteiger Mercury tuning machine is the most advanced tuning technology on the market today, and is the same machine that the US Ski Team uses for all of its ski tuning needs.
Members of our tuning staff have traveled across the country and trained with Wintersteiger and the US Ski Team as part of our ongoing education program, and are some of the most knowledgeable and experienced ski technicians in New England.
Wintersteiger with Bob Ash from Sugarloaf on Vimeo.